Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thinking too much



Its official: Bath time is my favorite time with my baby. As soon as I lay him down in his tub, the fun begins. He grins, he giggles, he makes hilarious faces. He has a toy duck that squirts water from its beak. As soon as I lift that thing into his view, he goes CRAZY. Arms and legs flailing, tongue out, back arched. Tonight the tongue was really going. He use to barely stick it out, but tonight it was ALL the way out, while the limbs were flailing. How ridiculous would I look doing that? However, he looked absolutely adorable! Oh to be 5 months old :) Yes, the personality just pops when he's soaking in the tub. Bathtime is my favorite time... that is, until I rock him to sleep, or wake him up in the morning, or see his funny grin behind mounds of rice cereal.....I love my job :)

I looked at Jadon today and thought he literally grew overnight. He really looked bigger to me today than he did yesterday. When I was pregnent, and when he was first born, everyone I came into contact with would say, "enjoy him, they grow up so fast" or something to that effect. What do you do with that though? I distincty remember sitting in the rocking chair with him on my chest, all 8 or 9 pounds of him. Just sitting. Sitting and conciously enjoying. Now he's pushing 20 pounds and I am still enjoying. But the thought struck me today that I won't have those chubby armed hugs around the neck forever. The realization that such a HUGE joy is temporary brought me to tears, until I remembered.... that 8 or 9 pound baby didn't have such chubby arms, and he definitely couldn't use them to hug my neck. And my 20 pound baby can't say "Mommy" yet. Only God can give gifts that keep giving!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the picture of Jadon! I get the same way about the girls and Caleb. I have these moments that I am just overwhelmed with the love I have for them. It is hard not to feel they are growing up so fast and wanting to hold onto every second. And yet each continued moment is awesome!:)

    ReplyDelete