Saturday, December 10, 2011

So Many Changes


It has been a while since I've posted anything. Sometimes because I don't know what to write, other times because I can't CHOOSE what to write, and a lot of times because I'm too tired to write! But now, staying true to my blog name, I am waiting to switch the laundry before I go to bed so I will have clothes to wear to church tomorrow, and I have been wanting to say some things about stuff.

First of all, my little boy is growing up SO fast. Just yesterday, I had the most delightful day with him. He woke up with his grin as usual and squeezed me tight to start my day. I thought to myself, I REALLY don't know what I did without this morning routine! I can't think of a better way to get the ball rolling.

Secondly, speaking of rolling, Jadon has become a PRO at rolling, scooting, rocking, pulling, twisting, and anything OTHER than crawling. When he figures out where he wants to go, he figures out HOW to get there.... he just doesn't do it the traditional way. He has also started with a few finger foods. I let him play with some Gerber puffs and a sippy cup in his highchair while I was washing dishes in the kitchen. About half the puffs ended up in his seat or on the floor, some stuck to his face, some to his clothes. But he did manage to get a couple in his mouth and drink a couple sips of water. It is so funny to watch him concentrate SO hard and grin when he knows he did it! And the changes continue....

He has also learned peekaboo, lip smacking, tongue clicking, and the 'word' "bababababababa" which he over enunciates using his entire mouth. Reading these paragraphs over again, these things sound kind of boring- run of the mill baby stuff. I can't describe how every giggle and peekaboo and new trick warms my heart and makes my day. Its all in the little things. The things I can't write down, the things that I won't have forever, and the things that will change again. How can I hold onto those things.... or should I? Well, right now I have to change the wash, kiss my sleeping baby goodnight and go to bed because tomorrow has enough changes of its own!


No comments:

Post a Comment